[Michlib-l] MI Genealogical Council, Lucy Mary Kellogg Award

Chelsea Johnson cjohnson27 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 14:33:49 EST 2016

Attention Michigan genealogy and local history librarians and researchers -
the Michigan Genealogical Council is seeking nominees for the 2016 Lucy
Mary Kellogg Award and is asking for your help in getting the word out!

As genealogy and local history librarians, we are often uniquely connected
to our communities. If you know of someone who is active in your area, is a
member of one of the MGC societies, and deserves recognition for their hard
work and contributions to local history and genealogy resources, please
consider nominating them or passing this information on to someone in your
local genealogical or historical society.

Since 1992, the Michigan Genealogical Council has offered the Lucy Mary
Kellogg award as a way to honor the rich genealogical contributions brought
to our community by dedicated members of Michigan's genealogical societies.
Named for the first woman and first Midwesterner to be chosen for the
National Genealogy Hall of Fame, the award allows us to celebrate our most
active members for their service.

The award has been given to twenty individuals since its creation,
generating hundreds of dollars in donations to local societies, the Library
of Michigan, and the Archives of Michigan. Because of a recent drop in
submissions, the last Lucy Mary Kellogg award was granted in 2012 and we
need help bringing attention to the award to receive enough
submissions to continue
recognizing the valuable offerings brought by our members. To gather judges
and award the 2016 Lucy Mary Kellogg award, we need to receive a  minimum
of three submissions by June 1st.

To nominate someone for the award you just submit a brief nomination form
and a letter of recommendation (up to 500 words) which lists the
individual's achievements and contributions. Societies are encouraged to
solicit multiple letters of recommendation from groups or individuals
familiar with the nominee and their work. As with research - the more
evidence, the better!

Please visit our website <http://www.mimgc.org/cpage.php?pt=14> for a list
of requirements and our nomination form. Questions can be emailed to
info at mimgc.org or johnsonc at yourmdl.org.

Thank you for your time, and have a great week!

Best regards,
Chelsea

---
Chelsea Johnson
Awards Committee, MI Genealogical Council
Research Chair, Calhoun Co. Genealogical Society
Genealogy and Local History Librarian, Marshall District Library
(269) 781-7821 ex.23
johnsonc at yourmdl.org