[Michlib-l] scan to email

James Lenze jamesl at Gardencitymi.org
Fri Feb 19 11:33:11 EST 2016

A couple libraries indicated that they were interested in my findings.

SUMMARY:
No Library indicated that they attach a disclaimer in the body of the email generated by their scan to email service.
I have not yet had the following reviewed by a lawyer, but as a temporary measure I am using this language:

[ QUOTE ]

DO NOT REPLY.  The attachment was emailed from a scanner at the Garden City (MI) Public Library.  This is a self-serve machine.  The Library and its staff neither monitors nor controls the public use of the scanner.  Therefore, neither the Library nor its staff take any responsibility for the quality or content of the text or image(s) transmitted.

[ /QUOTE ]

A similar statement will be worked into the policy my Board will be considering at an up-coming meeting.

James B Lenze, Director            jamesl at gardencitymi.org
Garden City Public Library
31735 Maplewood St
Garden City, MI 48135

From: James Lenze
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 2:26 PM
To: 'michlib-l at mail2.mcls.org' <michlib-l at mail2.mcls.org>
Subject: scan to email

If your Library offers "scan to email" service, do you have any disclaimer sent in the body of the email?  If so, would you be willing to share the language with me?  Thank you in advance.

James B Lenze, Director            jamesl at gardencitymi.org<mailto:jamesl at gardencitymi.org>
Garden City Public Library
31735 Maplewood St
Garden City, MI 48135