[Michlib-l] music performance licensing

Perri Saunders p.saunders at woodlands.lib.mi.us
Fri Feb 19 10:57:26 EST 2016

If you use live music at a library program (like a cover band), have you
ever obtained a music performance license?  I have never heard such a thing
but received a letter from ASCAP, American Society of Composers, Authors
and Publishers, about the need to get licensing for these performances.

We have a live music concert series in the summer, so this could pertain to
us, but it kind of sounds like a crock.

Thoughts?  Experiences?

Perri Saunders, Director
White Pigeon Township Library
102 N. Kalamazoo St., P.O. Box 399
White Pigeon, MI 49099
*p.saunders at woodlands.lib.mi.us <p.saunders at woodlands.lib.mi.us> *

*Brighten the corner where you are.*
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mail2.mcls.org/pipermail/michlib-l/attachments/20160219/0902e607/attachment.html>

More information about the Michlib-l mailing list