[Michlib-l] Lego Activity Table

Marty Ferriby mferriby at hackleylibrary.org
Thu Dec 15 17:17:15 EST 2016

Hi Nicole --

We have a duplo table in our adult department computer room.  Keeps
the little guys busy while grownups check their email.  A boon to all
of us, and it's popular with the kiddos too.

We have duplos because we have the table for little unsupervised kids
while their parents are glued to the screen and we were worried about
choking too.  No choking at all and it's been over 5 years.  It would
be really, really hard to choke on a duplo....they're just too big.

We do have Family Lego Day once a month in the youth services
department with regular size legos, but in that situation bigger kids
(and often parents) are building away in a supervised situation.

Marty Ferriby, Director
Hackley Public Library
316 W. Webster Ave.
Muskegon, MI 49440