[Michlib-l] MLA Advocacy Alert: Contact Your Representative AGAIN and Ask Them to Support SB 579 and 619-624

Rachel Ash rfash at milibraries.org
Wed Dec 14 15:18:51 EST 2016

Michigan Library Community,

We are asking all library supporters to call or email their state representative AGAIN. Your engagement is critical to our advocacy efforts, supporting library funding and finding relief for libraries from tax capture!

The MLA supported seven-bill tax capture package (Senate Bills 579, 619, 620, 621, 622, 623, 624) is awaiting House action.

If we want to see library relief from tax capture, we must act now.

Please contact your Representative today and ask them to support SB 579 and 619-624, and please continue to share this call to action with your fellow library advocates! Library staff, trustees, friends groups and engaged patrons all have an opportunity to help return more than $8 million per year to library budgets.

Thank you for your support and quick action on this issue!

To contact your representative, go to http://cqrcengage.com/alami/action and click the "Take Action" button.

Rachel Ash
Communications and Membership Coordinator
Michigan Library Association
3410 Belle Chase Way Ste. 100
Lansing, MI 48911
Phone: 517-394-2774 ext. 225
Fax: 517-394-2675
www.milibraries.org<http://www.milibraries.org/>
Connect with us on social media:
Facebook<facebook.com/michiganlibraryassociation>
Twitter<twitter.com/mlaoffice>
Instagram<instagram.com/michigan_library_association>

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D23421.3AF4C2D0]