[Michlib-l] Deadline is this week! Order your Labor Law posters for 2017 now!

Kate Pohjola Andrade kate at woodlands.lib.mi.us
Mon Dec 12 14:32:22 EST 2016

Greetings,

If you haven't reserved your poster set yet, the deadline is is this week.

As you may know, the minimum wage rate in Michigan is increasing on January
1, 2017 to $8.90 per hour.  The Michigan Chamber has received the final
version of the 2017 Michigan Minimum Wage and Overtime poster, so the
Woodlands Library Cooperative is accepting orders for the 2017 poster sets.
These sets also contain the two mandatory federal updates that went into
effect in August 2016 to the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and Employee
Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) notices.

There have been a few questions about the FLSA updates:  The FLSA poster
has actually never included the salary exemption amount.  The poster just
contains a general overtime statement that employees should be paid 1.5
times their regular rate for any hours worked over 40 in one week.  (This
statement is the same as what appeared on the previous poster version.)
 The mandatory revision to the FLSA notice back in August was designed to
add a new section on required break time for nursing mothers) and to
eliminate the outdated information on the maximum fine amount for
noncompliance with the law.

If you are interested in taking advantage of this group purchase, each
poster set is $24 and includes updates released during the coming year,
which are sent to you via email. This will let you tell the many other
vendors who likely hound you and your staff that you're taken care of for
the year.  If they keep bugging you, feel free to send 'em to me and I'll
see if they can provide a better deal and keep funds in Michigan!

Reserve your poster set here:  https://goo.gl/forms/YRsyaM3dCOKKi1tg2

*Deadline is Friday, December 16, 2016*.

We'll ship posters (and invoices) out to you as soon as we receive them.

Stay warm,
kate
--
Kate Pohjola Andrade, Director