[Michlib-l] People counters

Donna Winter dwinter at livoniapubliclibrary.org
Wed Apr 27 13:32:43 EDT 2016

We started using battery operated people counters that stick to the door frame and use beam break technology at the beginning of the year. They count both ingress and egress, so we divide by 2 to get a truer number. Since they are on our "regular" width doors, it's pretty rare that more than one person goes in at a time, unless it's an adult carrying a child. We decided to go low tech with ones that we record the count monthly and reset them manually.

There are higher end ones that will wifi counts to you, but we didn't want to spend that many bucks at this time.

I ordered through wecountpeople.com Brand name is TotalCounter.

Donna Winter, Automation Services Librarian
Livonia Public Library
32777 Five Mile Road
Livonia, MI 48154
ph: 734-466-2675