[Michlib-l] Go West, Young MAP

Jim Flury jflury at tln.lib.mi.us
Fri Apr 15 08:52:40 EDT 2016

All,

The subject line is a slightly modified version of a quote that is generally attributed to Horace Greeley. Whether Greeley was truly responsible for this catchphrase of American folklore is for people who are far more intelligent than I am to decide. What I do know, however is that the mission of MAP is to explore new worlds, to seek out new MAP destinations, and to boldly go where no MAP has gone before. Etc.

To that end, to reach either of our two brand new partner destinations, at least from where I am typing these lines, you need to head north. While on your way, take a break and stop in at our newest MAP venue, Mackinaw Area Historical Society Heritage Village  http://www.mackinawhistory.org/ Then, cross that big bridge, turn left, and drive west. If you see people wearing cheese on their heads that means you are in Wisconsin. You've gone too far. Instead, stop when you get to Wakefield and visit our other new MAP partner, the Wakefield Historical Society Museum http://www.hsmichigan.org/resources/local-historical-organizations/wakefield-historical-society/ Their website may be a work in progress, but don't let that discourage you (or your patrons).

The launch of newly expanded MAP is only about six weeks away. We are working to prepare new press material, a new brochure, etc. It is our belief that the addition of the seven National Park Service destinations to MAP will give the program yet another big boost for 2016-2017. That, combined with your much appreciated hard work to promote and publicize the program, should result in even better awareness and usage of MAP during the upcoming program cycle.

Thank you for your promotion and support of the Michigan Activity Pass program.

Sincerely,

Jim Flury

Jim Flury
Technical Services Manager