[Michlib-l] Great presentation

Judy Czarnecki jczarnec at crdl.org
Fri Apr 8 15:58:30 EDT 2016

Hello, I just wanted to share the name of a great presenter if you are looking for an adult program.  Teresa Irish presented last night on the Journey of the Thousand Letters.  After her father passed, they found 1,000 letters that he had written home during his tour of duty in the European theater during WWII, and Teresa wrote a book which includes many of the letters titled A Thousand Letters Home.

Teresa kept the crowd enraptured with her tales of family life in Saginaw, her father's war time experiences, and his pride in his children.  She supported her talk with music and photographs, and willingly answered all questions at the conclusion of her talk.  Perhaps best of all, from a library staff point of view, Teresa was a dream to work with-very organized, and quick to respond to emails or calls.   From comments made, our patrons thoroughly enjoyed the presentation.    Her website: www.athousandletters.com

Judy Czarnecki
Youth Services and Programs Team
Chippewa River District Library
Mt. Pleasant, MI