[Michlib-l] MAP: No (April) Fools Here

Jim Flury jflury at tln.lib.mi.us
Fri Apr 1 08:58:22 EDT 2016

All,

As we look forward to Opening Day (not THAT one, THIS one) http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20160222&content_id=165127554&fext=.jsp&vkey=news_t512&sid=t512 I thought I'd provide an update as to where we are with the Michigan Activity Pass program. As of today we have a total of 394 MAP partner destination venues. When you consider we started with 30 partners in 2007, I think you would agree that thanks to your hard work and promotional support on behalf of the program we've made pretty good progress!

16 new partners have signed up to go live with MAP when we renew the program on May 24, 2016. New venues are as follows:

Adventure Mining Company http://www.adventureminetours.com/
Allegan Old Jail Museum http://alleganoldjail.com/
Huron Lady Tour Boat Cruises http://www.huronlady.com/
Isle Royale National Park https://www.nps.gov/isro/index.htm
Keweenaw National Historical Park https://www.nps.gov/kewe/index.htm
Michigan Women's Historical Center and Hall of Fame http://www.michiganwomenshalloffame.org/hall_of_fame.aspx
Motor Cities National Heritage Area https://www.nps.gov/auto/index.htm
New Buffalo Railroad Museum http://new-buffalo-railroad-museum.org/
Newaygo County Museum and Heritage Center http://newaygocountyhistory.org/
Niles History Center http://www.nileshistorycenter.org/
North Country National Scenic Trail https://www.nps.gov/noco/index.htm
Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore https://www.nps.gov/piro/index.htm
River Raisin National Battlefield Park https://www.nps.gov/rira/index.htm
Skydive Tecumseh http://www.skydivetecumseh.com/
Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore https://www.nps.gov/slbe/index.htm
Turner Dodge House and Heritage Center http://www.lansingmi.gov/tdodge

We are still talking to additional, potential MAP partners for 2016-2017. I hope to be able to share more good news along these lines, very soon.

You already know about the tripling in the number of checkouts for MAP for the first 10 months of this year, vs the entire 12 months of last year's program, on account I told you about that last time :) Good news there, but not new news. That said, I have a meeting scheduled next week with a potential MAP partner that could change the course of MAP history! Curious? Me too! We'll see what transpires next week.

Thank you for your support and promotion of the Michigan Activity Pass program.

Sincerely,

Jim Flury

Jim Flury
Technical Services Manager