[Michlib-l] Letters about Literature 2016 program announcement

Reish, Karren (MDE) ReishK at michigan.gov
Wed Sep 23 14:45:32 EDT 2015

The Library of Michigan is announcing the 2016 Letters about Literature<http://www.read.gov/letters/> program. We are the Michigan host for this national program from the Library of Congress. It is a reading-writing contest that invites readers in grades 4 through 12 to write letters to authors of books that have changed their lives. This program gives students the opportunity to reflect deeply on a book. As readers, they come to understand how literature is more than assignment, but also a life changing experience. Children and teens can participate on their own or as part of a library or class project.

The 2016 letters will be due in two waves. Level III entries (grades (9-12) have a deadline of December 4, 2015 and Level I and II entries (grades 4-6 and 7-8) have a deadline of January 11, 2016. The state and national winners will be announced in May 2016. You can find more information about the national program at www.read.gov/letters/<http://www.read.gov/letters/> and the Michigan program at www.michigan.gov/youthlibraryservices<http://www.michigan.gov/youthlibraryservices>. Please find the 2016 letter and entry form at the direct links below.

*       2016 Program Letter<http://www.michigan.gov/documents/libraryofmichigan/lm_2016_LAL_promo_letter_500555_7.pdf>

*       2016 Program Guidelines and Entry Form <http://www.michigan.gov/documents/libraryofmichigan/lm_2016_Letters_about_Literature_GUIDELINES_500556_7.pdf>

If you have any questions about the program, please contact me. We look forward to reading your student and patron letters!

Karren Reish
Library Grants Coordinator
517-373-5700 f
reishk at michigan.gov<mailto:reishk at michigan.gov>

Customer Service is a priority at the Michigan Department of Education - helping Michigan schools, families, and communities improve the achievement and well-being of ALL our children.
[http://inside.michigan.gov/mde/docs/Docs%20and%20Templates/MDE%20-%20Color%20+%20Transparent.gif]