[Michlib-l] Tiny Tot's Social Hour

Miriam Andrus mandrus at bigrapids.lib.mi.us
Mon Sep 21 15:58:48 EDT 2015

Hello All,
     The Big Rapids Community Library is expanding our programs offered to preschool aged children. We currently offer story time but want to do more. We are thinking of creating a program where parents can bring their children to the library to play together while at the same time providing a social time for the parents.

What I am wondering is... We are planning on purchasing some wooden blocks, toys, or something to engage children that need little to no supervision. Do any of you offer a program like this? What do you provide for the kids? Blocks, toys? We aren't sure and what to know what would work best and what will hold up. Any advice would be appreciated!

Please reply off list.
Thanks!

Miriam Andrus, Director
Big Rapids Community Library