[Michlib-l] Free books from the Library of Michigan revisited

Bartlett, Bernadette (MDE) BartlettB at michigan.gov
Thu Sep 17 19:33:26 EDT 2015

Hello - we still have many items available free to good (or any!) homes.  I have condensed the lists and added a column reflecting whether the work is fiction v non-fiction (f or nf) and a column briefly describing the subject of the work.  Before you point and snicker, I did not use LC subject headings, I just made my own based on the description on the back of the book, and sometimes I let the title/subtitle speak for itself.  I tried to be consistent, so sort the list on the column that works best for you.  The terms of the offer still stand as written below, and please feel free to share this message with other groups or listservs.

If you cannot view the attachments, just email me and I will send them directly to you.

Thanks!

Bernadette

Michigan Documents Librarian
bartlettb at michigan.gov

Content and condition
These materials contain new and used works of fiction and non-fiction as well as some legal texts and state government documents.  Most have Michigan content, but there is a variety.  Some materials are duplicate copies received from state government agencies and other libraries, or withdrawn from our own collections, but the bulk are extra copies of books submitted to the Michigan Notable Books program over the last several years.  These materials are both hard and softcover, generally in good or like-new condition, but older materials will show wear.   Items from the 19th century may need rebinding or repair, but contents are complete.

How to request
The material is available by request (email) as well as available for browsing here at LM.  You are welcome (strongly encouraged!) to schedule a time to select and claim materials on-site from 8am-5pm, Mon.-Fri. Email bartlettb at michigan.gov<mailto:bartlettb at michigan.gov> if you want to schedule a visit.

Email requests for delivery of specific titles are handled on a first-come basis by date and time and some or all of the materials you request may no longer be available at the point we receive your email.  Only requests for which we can supply NO materials will receive an email response.

Shipping
The Library of Michigan has limited funding for shipping.  We will ship free for materials costing up to $20.00 per institution until/unless the funding is exhausted.  If your request will cost more than $20.00 to ship, we will contact you to arrange reimbursement or pick-up.  We cannot send materials via MeLDelivery, nor do we accept postage reimbursement.  Materials will only be shipped via UPS or Interdepartmental mail (for state government only).   *Again, we strongly encourage on-site browsing and pick-up if at all possible.*

Email requests must include the title as noted on the spreadsheet(s), a delivery address (street address only, no p.o. box), contact name, phone number and email address.  Emails should be directed to bartlettb at michigan.gov<mailto:bartlettb at michigan.gov>

Deadline
If you are interested in any of these materials, please respond to this email no later than September 1, 2015.  Materials will be shipped as soon as time and resources allow.