[Michlib-l] LearningExpress Library in MeL

Biggs, Deb Renee (MDE) BiggsD at michigan.gov
Mon Sep 14 14:04:43 EDT 2015

Hi All-I've had some questions recently about what will be available come October 1st from LearningExpress, so thought I would send this out to hopefully clarify:

LearningExpress LLC is the parent company and now part of EBSCO; they have 3 different products:

LearningExpress Library - which we will continue to offer via MeL
Job & Career Accelerator - which we are not continuing
Workforce Skills for the 21st Century - which we are not continuing

In our current version of LearningExpress Library, it includes the Computer Skills Center; that however, will be discontinued come 10/1 as the company decided not to include it in LearningExpress Library in their RFP bid placing it instead in Job & Career Accelerator and the Workforce Skills product.  You may recently have received an email or communication from EBSCO about LearningExpress products.  That memo would be referencing the Job & Career Accelerator and the Workforce Skills products.

Hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any questions.

Deb

Deb Biggs Thomas, MA AMLS
Michigan eLibrary & Outreach Coordinator
Library of Michigan/Michigan Dept. of Education
702 W. Kalamazoo St.
Lansing, MI  48909
Phone:  517-373-4466
Visit MeL at:  http://mel.org<http://mel.org/> and on Facebook at:  http://facebook.com/mel.org
The Library of Michigan is pleased to share a new video series highlighting Michigan libraries and how they are making a difference in their communities.  To experience Michigan libraries in a new light, visit http://brightside.cedam.info/ and watch the 21st Century Libraries episode.