[Michlib-l] Funds available for Cont. Ed. - Harwood, PLA, ALA, MLA

White, Shannon (MDE) WhiteS29 at michigan.gov
Wed Sep 9 17:09:10 EDT 2015

Are you not sure where you would go if you could travel for professional development?

*         Were you interested in attending the Harwood Public Innovator Lab this October in Detroit?

*         Is the Public Library Association (PLA) Annual Conference been a dream destination for your personal job growth agenda?

*         Have you been to the Association of Small and Rural Libraries (ARSL) before?

*         Do you know about Brick & Click Academic Libraries Conference?

*         Is there an online class you would like to attend that you thought may be out of your price range?

If you have not been able to round up funding to attend a conference now is the time to check out the new Library Continuing Education Program from the Library of Michigan. We have funds available for you to develop, learn and move ahead in your career. Visit the web page here to review the program criteria http://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan/0,2351,7-160-18668_63014-359559--,00.html

We will be granting our first round of funds the first week of October. Normally we want a bit of lead time but we know the Harwood Lab is mid-month and will accept applications for that event this quarter as well.  Or you may be thinking ahead to PLA, ALA

Don't overlook your chance to apply for $200-$1,500 stipend to get you where you need to go. This program is available to full-time library staff, including paraprofessionals.

Let us know if you have questions and don't forget to apply!

Shannon

Shannon White
Library of Michigan
702 W. Kalamazoo