[Michlib-l] Public library overdrive app on school issued tablets and computers

Stacy Pasche spasche at benzieshoreslibrary.org
Tue Sep 8 15:56:21 EDT 2015

This is the first year that every student in our school district will have
an iPad or Chromebook. We are eager to get the students using the public
library's Overdrive collection. I am wondering about collection development
policies and access. If a student has the Overdrive app on their school
issued device, they have access to the entire public library's digital
collection. The public library's collection is intended for a variety of
ages and interests and not all titles in that collection are age
appropriate for younger readers.

Is there any public library out there with a working relationship with a
local school district regarding digital content? If so, please let me know
how you managed to provide access to a collection that may or may not fit
the criteria of the school's collections policies.

Many thanks!

--
Stacy Pasche,
Assistant Library Director