[Michlib-l] Seeking host libraries for Summer 2016 makerspace workshops {deadline 11/15}

Kristin Fontichiaro font at umich.edu
Fri Oct 30 11:23:41 EDT 2015

Hello!

The University of Michigan has received funding from the Institute of
Museum and Library Services to *bring maker education* to all areas of
Michigan for libraries, community groups, educators, civic leaders, and
more.

We're* seeking 8 host sites* around Michigan (we'll host a 9th in Ann
Arbor) to help us recruit and host these three-day events in Summer 2016
(with more workshops coming in 2017).

*2016 host libraries receive:*

   - a public maker event organized by U-M project staff
   - a $500 stipend

We are especially eager to work with* libraries in rural areas* and would
love to find *two sites in the UP*.

If your library itself lacks meeting space, but you have a community
partner (like a local school) who could host the events, that's fine.

Having done maker education work around the U.S. and in China, Australia,
and Italy, we're excited about being right here in our Michigan home,
helping libraries and their communities think about how making can help
spurn creative thinking, innovation, or just delight.

Relevant links:

   - Learn more about our project by reading this information sheet.
   <https://docs.google.com/a/umich.edu/document/d/1JPMe5XFSRguUIkLpFGFCauXwM2dXLLQnEHzx9j8zQuo/edit?usp=drive_web>

   - View a map of eligible counties
   <https://drive.google.com/a/umich.edu/file/d/0B2kiO7L718KMWXIzWGlhRTVHbXc/view>

   - Apply via this form by November 15, 2015
   <https://docs.google.com/a/umich.edu/forms/d/1qOjJvsGevi4AqC9iz3-MpgIF6mISujqhyADr_q52Qwk/viewform>

   - Join our email list if you would like to receive emails about upcoming
   workshops you and your colleagues can attend
   <http://imlsmaking.sites.uofmhosting.net/join-our-email-list/>

Thanks in advance!

Kristin Fontichiaro
Silvia Lindtner