[Michlib-l] MeL Minute - Databases Training

Borrelli, Eunice (MDE) BorrelliE at michigan.gov
Fri Oct 30 09:30:51 EDT 2015

Just when I think I've become somewhat familiar with the features of the MeL databases, http://mel.org/Databases, I attend a training session presented by a specific provider and realize there's so much more available than I knew about or enhancements that have been added.  Fortunately, the vendors are always working to help libraries, students and educators stay informed.  They do this in a variety of ways but the one that has proven successful is by offering webinars.  Presented live and then available recorded, the webinars can be viewed at your convenience and as often as needed.

Having said this, below are links to some current offerings for two very popular databases, HeritageQuest Online  and Britannica School.  Information about these and similar training opportunities are always announced on the various Michigan library listservs. This is an ongoing process so stay tuned for announcements of more offerings as they are made available.

MeL Minutes are brought to you by the Library of Michigan.  Want more information on MeL?  Stay tuned for next week’s MeL Minute available on many Michigan library listservs, email us at contact at mel.org or visit mel.org.  We encourage you to share MeL Minutes with your public service colleagues.

HeritageQuest:
  "An Introduction to HeritageQuest"  https://proquestmeetings.webex.com/proquestmeetings/ldr.php?RCID=f06074754d4ef80bd65c87899d3c2219

 "HeritageQuest: Beyond the Basics"
https://proquestmeetings.webex.com/proquestmeetings/lsr.php?and "HeritageQuest: Beyond the Basics"RCID=c15ef4b5b99748cdb407515d10692412

Britannica School:
Elementary: https://vimeo.com/143036682
Middle School: https://vimeo.com/143629986
High School: https://vimeo.com/143270485

Eunice Borrelli
MeL Internet Librarian, Library of Michigan
Sent from my iPad