[Michlib-l] MAP: Meet The Team at MLA!

Jim Flury jflury at tln.lib.mi.us
Tue Oct 27 10:59:09 EDT 2015

All,

Are you attending this year's Michigan Library Association conference at the Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi? If so, you'll want to be sure to stop by the Plymouth Rocket booth in the exhibit hall and say "hi" to Ric Bailey. Ric is the developer and software engineer of the TixKeeper software platform on which our Michigan Activity Pass runs. My colleague Brigette and I will be at MLA on Thursday, and we look forward to seeing all of you there. Finally, don't forget Thursday's luncheon, with keynote speakers Tom Daldin and Jim Edelman of Under the Radar Michigan. Four lucky library names will be drawn at the luncheon, and each will win a free program presented by Tom and Jim of UTR! https://www.facebook.com/UTRMichigan

Speaking of MAP, how are we doing? I'm glad you asked, because the answer is EXCELLENT! We are five months into statewide MAP Year 3. As of today you've circulated two and one half times the number of MAP passes that were checked out in the TOTAL 12 months of last year's program! Also, the number of hits to the MAP website has already surpassed last year's total, too, by 15% as of today. Great stuff! And did you see this news from our friends and MAP partners at the Michigan Department of Natural Resources? http://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/MIDNR/bulletins/1218b76 Yesterday the DNR celebrated its 1 millionth camp night of the 2015 camping season. We are proud that libraries helped play a role in that very significant achievement via your hard work to promote the MAP program to your customers. Nice job, everyone!

Thank you for your support and promotion of the Michigan Activity Pass program, and we look forward to seeing all of you in Novi at MLA.

Sincerely,

Jim Flury

Jim Flury
Technical Services Manager