[Michlib-l] IRS Tax Forms @ Libraries - As The World Turns

Bruce MacDonald bmacdona at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 09:41:46 EDT 2015

Thought I would take this opportunity to share an interesting exchange we
had with the local office of Representative Benishek a couple weeks back.
They wanted to do a PR appearance at the library to promote his bill to
mail tax forms to everybody who filed a paper form last year. Upon further
questions from us, they said it would put an end to the public distribution
of forms in libraries, to which we basically replied "are you sure that's a
positive thing?" We also thought the choice of venue was rather odd, given
that we have been the primary place in Marquette to get tax forms in recent
years.

Like most libraries, we felt the heat from the public the last couple years
because of the uncertainties and tardiness of the tax form program.

Bruce A. MacDonald
Assistant Director / Head of Circulation
Peter White Public Library
Marquette, Michigan