[Michlib-l] Program: The Language of Sports

Amy Crockett acrockett at hamburglibrary.org
Wed Oct 21 12:22:48 EDT 2015

Hello,

We recently had Jesse Goldberg-Strassler to our library to do a program called The Language of Sports. Jesse is the radio commentator for the Lansing Lugnuts baseball team and has written 2 books: The Baseball Thesaurus and The Football Thesaurus. He was a very knowledgeable and engaging speaker, and he is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. In addition to the historical information presented, patrons were also interested in hearing stories of his life in minor league baseball.

Jesse is looking to do more library programs across the state and only charges for mileage. He can be reached at jgoldstrass at hotmail.com<mailto:jgoldstrass at hotmail.com>. I've attached some more information about his books.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Amy Crockett
Outreach Services Clerk
Hamburg Township Library