[Michlib-l] FW: Educational opportunities

bookwoman at mi.rr.com bookwoman at mi.rr.com
Wed Oct 21 09:58:32 EDT 2015

The Michigan Association for Media in Education (MAME) is offering opportunities for professional development and invites you to attend one or more of these special events next month:*

*The first is the Mahoney PreConference: **Collaboration and Student
Achievement: How School, Public and Academic Libraries are Working Together*

* <http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=5dyn98jab&oeidk=a07eb9do4n8ac764478> http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=5dyn98jab&oeidk=a07eb9do4n8ac764478
< <http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=5dyn98jab&oeidk=a07eb9do4n8ac764478> http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=5dyn98jab&oeidk=a07eb9do4n8ac764478>*

*A primary focus will be on models of collaboration between school, public
and academic libraries to support and improve student achievement from
early literacy through to higher education. The continuing issues with
school library program support and staffing in the school and broader
community will be part of this focus.*

*The second is the MAME42, two day conference:
 <http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=5dyn98jab&oeidk=a07eb0mzsuo6380d947> http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=5dyn98jab&oeidk=a07eb0mzsuo6380d947
< <http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=5dyn98jab&oeidk=a07eb0mzsuo6380d947> http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=5dyn98jab&oeidk=a07eb0mzsuo6380d947>*

*As usual, our two day conference has fabulous keynote speakers and is full
of opportunities for professional development.

*OR if you only have time to hear a nationally renowned author,* *Friday
morning's Author Breakfast’s  featured author is Eliot Schrefer!  *

*Eliot's featured presentation is “Expanding Our Empathy Through Children’s
Literature.”*

* <http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=5dyn98jab&oeidk=a07ebjnp6xg559afc46> http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=5dyn98jab&oeidk=a07ebjnp6xg559afc46
< <http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=5dyn98jab&oeidk=a07ebjnp6xg559afc46> http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=5dyn98jab&oeidk=a07ebjnp6xg559afc46>*

* About Eliot: ​Eliot's fifth novel, Endangered, was a finalist for the
National Book Award in Young People’s Literature. It was also one of NPR’s
“Best of 2012,” an editor’s choice in The New York Times (which called it
“dazzling" and "big-hearted"), a finalist for the Walden Award, winner of
the Green Earth Book Award, and won the Sigurd Olson Nature Writing Award.

In addition to being our featured breakfast speaker, Eliot will present an hour-long session immediately following, titled “Fact in Fiction: Weaving Research into Narrative”.

Please join us in Bay City, November 11-13!

Karen Becknell MALS

 <mailto:bookwoman at mi.rr.com> bookwoman at mi.rr.com

Library of Congress TPS Trainer

MAME Database Manager

mamedatab at gmail.com

Editor: Michigan Authors & Illustrators Database

miaieditor at gmail.com

“A library is not a luxury but one of the necessities of life.”  Henry Ward Beecher