[Michlib-l] Probationary Period for Card Holders?

Megan Buck meg at dcl-lib.org
Thu Oct 15 09:54:32 EDT 2015

Hi!

Do any libraries have a probationary period for new card holders?  If you do, is it for everyone or it is based on some criteria; how long is the probationary period; and what are the limitations?

We currently do not have any restrictions - a card is valid immediately and the card holder can max out checkout limits on the first day.  Recently we have had a number of new card holders who do just that and are never heard from again.

Any advice, examples, or suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,
Megan

Megan Buck

Dickinson County Library