[Michlib-l] Possible author program - Monica Sholar

Judy Murray Judy.Murray at monroe.lib.mi.us
Wed Oct 14 12:53:47 EDT 2015

Hello,
I would like to recommend thriller/suspense author, Monica Sholar, from Canton for presentations at your library. Monica is the author of the Belle Isle Heights series and talks about her journey to becoming a published author. She spoke at our library last week and we found her to be quite inspirational regarding the importance of pursuing your passion. She is personable, organized, punctual, and can bring her own books to sell. Her website is www.monicasholar.com and her email is authormrs at gmail.com.

As I listened to her talk, I really thought she would also be a great speaker for teens. Even though her books are targeted for adults, as a young African-American woman who is positively pursuing her dream, Monica is a great role model and I think her message would resonant strongly with teens who are interested in writing. Several aspiring writers were in attendance at our program and Monica was very supportive of their work and gave them concrete advice.

Feel free to contact me off-list if you have further questions.

Judy Murray
Reference Librarian
Monroe County Library System
Bedford Branch Library