[Michlib-l] Author Eliot Schrefer

bookwoman at mi.rr.com bookwoman at mi.rr.com
Tue Oct 6 12:46:27 EDT 2015

Author Eliot Schrefer will be presenting at MAME's Annual Conference
in Bay City this year.  The annual Author Breakfast event begins with
a full breakfast, immediately followed by Eliot's presentation,
"Expanding Our Empathy Through Children's Literature."

Eliot's fifth novel, Endangered, was a finalist for the National Book
Award in Young People's Literature. It was also one of NPR's "Best of
2012," an editor's choice in The New York Times (which called it
"dazzling" and "big-hearted"), a finalist for the Walden Award, winner
of the Green Earth Book Award, and won the Sigurd Olson Nature Writing
Award.

In addition to being our featured breakfast speaker, Eliot will
present an hour-long session immediately following, titled "Fact in
Fiction: Weaving Research into Narrative".

Public librarians and educators are invited to attend this exciting
event!  More information, cost and registration here!

<http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=5dyn98jab&oeidk=
a07ebjnp6xg559afc46>
http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=5dyn98jab&oeidk=a
07ebjnp6xg559afc46

Karen Becknell MALS

 <mailto:bookwoman at mi.rr.com> bookwoman at mi.rr.com

Library of Congress TPS Trainer

MAME Database Manager

 <mailto:mamedatab at gmail.com> mamedatab at gmail.com

Editor: Michigan Authors & Illustrators Database

 <mailto:miaieditor at gmail.com> miaieditor at gmail.com

"A library is not a luxury but one of the necessities of life."  Henry
Ward Beecher