[Michlib-l] Amazon will start charging sales tax in Michigan

Helen Dewey rhdewey at charter.net
Thu Oct 1 14:24:11 EDT 2015

Compilation of replies:
1)
I called the business number available online and an agent talked me through it and set it up. Very easy.

2) You can find information to sign up here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/taxExemption?ie=UTF8&ref_=ya_atepplus

3)
did this yesterday.  I just went through Amazon's preformatted sales tax exemption procedure.  It is under Your Account>>Settings>>Amazon Tax Exemption Program and enter your password.  You can either upload the State form or walk through Amazon's steps.  If filled it out yesterday and is is already active.  I haven't ordered yet and I think there is some caveat language that the Amazon certificate doesn't carry over to third party providers.  It was pretty easy.

4)
I found the process for tax exempt with Amazon.  Hope this helps.  It is attached.
Link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=help_search_1-2?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201133370&qid=1443710279&sr=1-2

5) My Director has already completed our application.  She mentioned that she had to use the mouse to “write” her signature to sign the application.

Helen