[Michlib-l] Larry Martin Program

ALL Rob Bristow allrb at llcoop.org
Thu Nov 12 11:47:22 EST 2015

Good Morning,

Just wanted to share about a great program we had at the Allendale
Township Library last week.  It is called "Larry Martin's WWII in Their
Own Words". Larry has videotaped interviews with several WWII vets who
share their stories about different aspect of the war.  The interview he
showed at our event was one he did with Warner Klemm who was about 200
yards from the USS Arizona when it was attacked at Pearl Harbor. Even the
"history buffs" in the audience learned quite a bit that night. We had a
great mixture of ages at the program and everyone who came enjoyed it very
much.

Larry is a very engaging presenter and comes with lots of great war
memorabilia that he has collected over the years. If there are WWII vets
in your community, he will also contact them about being interviewed at
the program in addition to or in place of the videotaped interview.

For more info, his website is http://lmww2.com/

Thanks,
Rob

Library Director