[Michlib-l] Program Recommendation

Erin Schmändt erin at carolibrary.org
Wed Nov 4 16:39:01 EST 2015

I’d like to recommend a program that we recently hosted. Matt from Michigan
Brew Supply Co. came out and did a homebrew demonstration for our patrons.
It was a 2 ½ hour class, and in that time, he brewed the makings of a
porter. He talked about how to safely homebrew, the history of brewing beer,
the craft beer culture in Michigan, the ingredients that go into it, and so
much more.  Patrons got to taste different types of malted barley, smell
fresh hops, taste other homebrew samples, and even help stir the pot. He was
very knowledgeable and passionate about his craft. I asked him if he would
be willing to go to other libraries and he said yes. They are based out of
the Midland area and he said that he would be willing to drive 1-2 hours
from that area for a class, further if the library paid for his travel. He
only charged us the cost of the brew kit, which was under $40. Their website
is https://www.mibrewsupply.com/ but I did all of my correspondence with
Nicole, the co-owner, through their Facebook page at
https://www.facebook.com/MiBrewSupply/ . Nicole’s e-mail is
nicolev at mibrewsupply.com <mailto:nicolev at mibrewsupply.com>  and the shop #
is 989-486-9265. I highly recommend them.

Erin Schmändt
Director

Caro Area District Library

840 W. Frank Street