[Michlib-l] [Everyone] MAP, 2016!

annette haley annettehaley at att.net
Wed Nov 4 12:13:44 EST 2015

Thank YOU, Jim and team who made this all beautifully possible!  Annette Haley, TLN Board Trustee

     On Wednesday, November 4, 2015 12:03 PM, Jim Flury <jflury at tln.lib.mi.us> wrote:

 All,

Please take special note of the subject line in this message. That's right, on this gorgeous November day we are extremely pleased to share with you the awesome news that the fantastic Michigan Activity Pass program will return in the beautiful month of May, 2016!!! How's that for a complete and total overuse of superlatives? Yes, earlier today we received word from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan that on account the overwhelming success of MAP, thanks to your hard work, BCBSM is "in" as our primary sponsor again in 2016! I see examples of your promotional activity all the time. As a for instance, I recently received a call from a museum in the Upper Peninsula. A library director in the community where the museum is located, gave a presentation to the museum's board. The museum's board members were so impressed that they decided to get on board with MAP, effective with their opening for the season next spring. That's what we want to hear!

We have said all along that while we are pleased with the progress we've made with MAP in the eight years it and its predecessor program have been in existence, we are always striving to take the program to the next level. We do have a few ideas in that regard which will hopefully come to fruition next year. You can help us move forward by doing what the U.P. library director did, and becoming an ambassador for MAP to cultural attractions that are located in your community. None of these institutions know what TLN the MAP recruiter is. But as public libraries you have the contacts and the credibility to more than make up for that. In other words, if you know of potential cultural partners, reach out to them! Or send them to me and I'll do the outreach. I'm not shy :)

Please share the terrific news regarding the renewal of MAP for 2016 with your staff, and everyone else!

Thank you for your support and promotion on behalf of the Michigan Activity Pass program. As you have seen in the emails and statistical reports, 2015 has truly represented a watershed year for MAP. Onward and upward for MAP 2016!

Sincerely,

Jim Flury

Jim Flury
Technical Services Manager