[Michlib-l] Larry Martin's World War II In Their Own Words

Smith, Donna smithdm at myjdl.com
Mon Nov 2 14:46:53 EST 2015

Larry Martin returns to bring our nation's history to the present and foster an appreciation for the hardships endured by our veterans.

The final installment of the 4-part series, hosted at the First United Methodist Church (275 W. Michigan Avenue), features German citizen Hubert Lintz on Saturday, November 7 at 10:00 am.

Hubert tells of Hitler's rise to power and what it meant to the German people and his time in the Hitler Youth. He lived in Cologne, Germany (800,000 population), which was bombed over a two year period by about 1500 bombers at a time.  He was a fireman during the fire raids and will tell about rescues and recovery of the victims.
Lintz will be present at the program to answer any questions about his experience.
Martin will also have a collection of World War II memorabilia on display so come early to view the artifacts. This presentation is free and open to the public. Martin can be reached at batt.chief at yahoo.com<mailto:batt.chief at yahoo.com> and more information can be found on his website: LMWW2.com

Donna

Donna Smith
Marketing Officer

[JDL Logo CMYK for print 300dpi small]