[Michlib-l] Program recommendation 1913 Copper Strike

Maren Kroening mkroening at cityofwarren.org
Wed May 20 15:10:32 EDT 2015

Hello,

We had a really great presentation here at the Miller Library the other night. Author Donna Searight Simons spoke about the 1913 Copper Miner's Strike in the UP. She's also written a novel about the strike and had copies for sale/book signing, as well. We attracted a good sized group of seniors on top of our regulars for this program and it was amazing how many of our patrons had family connections to Copper Country.

I've attached her flyer and you can feel free to contact her at dksyooper at yahoo.com

Thank you,

Maren Kroening
Branch Librarian - Arthur Miller Branch