[Michlib-l] WORKSHOP: Bringing History to Life: Creating Crowd-Pleasing Living History Events - May 15

HSM Web hsmweb at hsmichigan.org
Mon May 4 14:32:29 EDT 2015

Upcoming Workshop . Friday, May 15

Bringing History to Life:
Creating Crowd-Pleasing Living History Events

With Elizabeth Kerstens and Heidi Nielsen, Plymouth Historical Museum

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> Learn more and register on
our website.

This workshop is designed to be a step-by-step detailed description of how
to research, create, and put on living history events. The speakers will
discuss their experiences with a Cemetery Walk, Ghost Walk, and A Night at
the Museum Party. They will show examples of successful living history
events. This engaging workshop will allow participants to ask questions on
how to effectively put this information into practice.

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> Learn more and register on
our website.

  _____

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan is our state's oldest cultural
organization, founded in 1828 by territorial governor Lewis Cass and
explorer Henry Schoolcraft. A nongovernmental nonprofit, the Society focuses
on publications, conferences, education, awards and recognition programming,
and support for local history organizations to preserve and promote
Michigan's rich history.

  _____

For more information on the Historical Society of Michigan, please visit
<http://www.hsmichigan.org/> www.hsmichigan.org or e-mail us at
<mailto:hsm at hsmichigan.org> hsm at hsmichigan.org.

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan

5815 Executive Dr. . Lansing, MI 48911

Phone: (517) 324-1828 . FAX: (517) 324-4370

Future History Skills Workshops

Friday, May 29

Volunteer Recruitment and Management

Friday, June 12

Printed Marketing

Friday, July 10

Copyright Issues for Historic Collections

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> Visit our website for full
descriptions of each workshop.

This e-mail is sent to our members and friends to keep you updated on
historical activities and opportunities to learn more about our state's
history. To opt-out, please respond to this e-mail with "remove" in the
subject line.