[Michlib-l] Operating Costs per hour

Helen Dewey rhdewey at charter.net
Sat Mar 28 13:49:39 EDT 2015

We use our staff costs (taking into consideration payroll + employer share of Medicare, Social Security, Michigan Unemployment Insurance, and Michigan FUTA + Workmen’s Compensation Insurance costs) and utility costs (is the heat raised for more hours?  are the lights on longer and more electricity used for computers?  is more water used?).
The current FUTA (Federal Unemployment Tax Act) tax rate is 6.2 percent on the first $7,000 of wages per employee.  Would a current employees increase their work hours or would new staff members be needed?
Helen