[Michlib-l] External Book Drop and Automatic Sorter

Kathryn Bergeron kathryn.bergeron at baldwinlib.org
Wed Mar 18 11:34:58 EDT 2015

The Baldwin Public Library is considering the purchase of an external book
drop and has some questions about how we would handle the returned items.
This book drop would be located at the edge of a street outside.  Staff
would need to move the returned items in a cart from the book drop into the
building.  Since we have an automated sorter, staff would then have to feed
the returned items into the sorter.

If there is any other library out there with a similar situation--with both
an external book drop and an automated sorter, but where the sorter is not
directly connected to the book drop--please let me know by email.  I'd like
to ask you a few questions.

Thanks

- Kathryn

Kathryn Bergeron, MSI