[Michlib-l] MAP in the Freep! Tell All Your Friends

Jim Flury jflury at tln.lib.mi.us
Mon Mar 2 07:36:36 EST 2015

Tell your enemies, too, as they'll become your friends after you let them know that, beginning May 24, they can get a free pass to a state park/campground/recreation area/historic site. This article has in excess of 2,500 shares on Facebook. Keep the MAP ball rolling.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2015/02/28/michigan-activity-pass-program-expands-state-parks-program-free-admission-special-discount/24191905/

Also, feel free to share this article with any local venue you believe would be a good "fit" for MAP. Local recruitment by libraries  works. How do I know? I had been trying to "recruit", without success, a new museum I felt would be a very important partner for MAP. Last week I got an email from the museum itself, asking if they could join MAP. I knew my efforts had nothing to do with this, as too long had gone by since the last time I had contacted the museum. But I was pretty sure I knew the identity of the local librarian who had reached out to the museum, and told them about the benefits of MAP. I emailed the librarian to ask her if that was the case, and she said yes, she had talked to the museum about MAP. Thanks to her efforts, effective May 24 this museum will be one of our new partners in the MAP program:

http://www.ferris.edu/jimcrow/values.htm

Thank you for your promotion and support of the Michigan Activity Pass program.

Sincerely,

Jim Flury

Jim Flury
Technical Services Manager