[Michlib-l] Celebrate Patriot Week!

Christine Hage christine.hage at rhpl.org
Sun Jun 28 13:20:37 EDT 2015

Patriot Week renews America’s spirit by celebrating the First Principles,
Founding Fathers and other Patriots, vital documents and speeches, and
flags that make America the greatest nation in world history. Many of our
current holidays have become overly commercialized or have lost
their deeper meaning. We need to invigorate our appreciation and
understanding of America’s spirit. The week is anchored by the key dates of
September 11 (the anniversary of the terrorists attacks) and September 17
(Constitution Day, the anniversary of the signing of the
Constitution). Co-created by Michigan Judge Michael Warren and his then
10-year-old daughter Leah, Patriot Week has captured the imagination and
support of citizens across the nation.  Libraries can participate by
sponsoring book displays, reading lists, reading groups, book discussions,
author presentations, panel discussions, and similar activities connected
to the themes of Patriot Week.  For more information, visit
www.PatriotWeek.org or contact Patriot Week at cbassett at patriotweek.org.

Christine Lind Hage,
Library Director, Rochester Hills Public Library
500 Olde Towne Road
Rochester, MI 48307-2043
248/650-7122

Raising a reader is: Talking * Singing * Reading * Writing * Playing