[Michlib-l] Gone With the Wind Answer Lady - Kathy Marcaccio - Program

Mary Ann DeKane maryann at ropl.org
Thu Jun 25 13:33:02 EDT 2015

Hi Everyone,

To celebrate the Sesquicentennial of the Civil War we had Civil War Week at
ROPL this week.

Yesterday we had Kathleen Marcaccio, the Gone With the Wind Answer Lady and
she was absolutely wonderful..She kept everyone entertained for over an
hour and I highly recommend her program.

Here is a little synopsis:

Kathy does a fun program on all aspects of Gone With the Wind. She covers
Margaret Mitchell, the writing of the book, the making of the film, and a
lot of behind-the-scenes information. She is extremely well informed, and
she is actually in contact with a few of the surviving actors from the
film. She brings a nice selection of her GWTW memorabilia along with her to
her events. This program appeals not just to GWTW fans, but also Civil War
buffs and classic movie geeks. When we booked her, her fee was $250 (and
worth every penny). You can reach her at dkosh at msn.com.

Mary Ann DeKane
Head of Public Services
Royal Oak Public Library