[Michlib-l] Wayne State University SLIS@ ALA 2015 Conference!

Stephen Troup Bajjaly dx1042 at wayne.edu
Wed Jun 24 17:01:22 EDT 2015

Attending ALA Annual 2015 this week? Join Wayne State University SLIS students, alumni, faculty, staff and friends at the following events!

SLIS will be at booth #3531 in the exhibit hall from Friday, June 26 - Monday, June 29 . Stop by, say hello and get a SLIS ribbon sticker for your conference badge! We'd love to see you and hear news about your library. And since a librarian can never have too many tote bags at ALA Annual, the first five visitors will receive a free SLIS tote bag!

SLIS will have a special presentation at ALA on Project Increasing Diversity of Libraries (IDoL) . Learn about this unique IMLS grant, meet the fellows and the grant PIs. We welcome your participation!

When and where:

Saturday, June 27, 2015

10:30am-11:30am

Parc 55 - San Francisco, Powell Room

55 Cyril Magnin St

San Francisco, CA 94102

Last but not least, SLIS will also be at the ALISE Cooperative Library and Information Studies Alumni Reunion on Sunday, June 28, 2015 from 5.30 pm - 7.30 pm! Eat, drink and be merry with SLIS students, alumni and faculty. Visit with colleagues, catch up with friends, and get an update from your fellow Wayne State University graduates. M ix and mingle and swap tales of floppy disks, CD-roms and classes that once upon a time involved card catalogs. There will be plenty of appetizers that will go fast and a cash bar for all to enjoy.

When and where:

Sunday, June 28, 2015

5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

InterContinental San Francisco

888 Howard Street

San Francisco, CA 94103

For further details, please go to http://events.wayne.edu/2015/06/28/slis-ala-annual-in-san-francisco-59712/

Not going to be at the conference, but would like to share where you're at and what you're up to? Just fill out our 'Keep in Touch' form .

We look forward to seeing you and hearing from you!

Wayne State University
106 Kresge Library
Detroit, MI, 48202
313-577-1825 • Toll free: 877-263-2665 • Fax: 313-577-7563
www.slis.wayne.edu • asklis at wayne.edu