[Michlib-l] Register for Outside the Lines - Weeklong Celebration, Sept. 13-19, 2015

White, Shannon (MDE) WhiteS29 at michigan.gov
Wed Jul 29 10:00:53 EDT 2015

Outside the Lines -- Libraries are dynamic centers for engagement that help everyone in your local community be their best. To shift perceptions, we need to demonstrate how the library is more relevant than ever before. Let’s not just tell people how libraries have changed; let’s show them.

Outside the Lines is a weeklong celebration demonstrating the creativity and innovation happening in libraries. Whether your organization is large or small, a school library or a public library, you can participate by hosting at least one event or campaign that:

·        Gets people thinking – and talking – about libraries in a different way

·        Showcases the library out in the community as well as in the library

·        Highlights how your library is relevant to people’s lives

·        Represents your local community

·        Is active versus passive – gets people engaged

·        Is extraordinary and unexpected

·        Most importantly, is fun!

Register your library for the celebration, September 13-19, 2015 and read more about the initiative at: http://getoutsidethelines.org/

Outside the Lines is an initiative designed by Colorado library marketers and directors that gets libraries “walking the walk” – taking action to show our communities how important libraries are and how they’ve changed. This celebration takes many of the concepts discussed at R‑Squared – The Risk & Reward Conference, such as creativity, customer curiosity, culture, community and creative spaces, and puts them into action where they count – in our local communities.

sdw
Shannon D. White
Library of Michigan
702 West Kalamazoo, P.O. Box 30007, Lansing, MI 48909-7507
Ph: 517-373-9489; Fax: 517-373-5700
Toll free:  877-479-0021
whites29 at michigan.gov<mailto:whites29 at michigan.gov>
http://michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan

Nourishing Michigan’s Future…during school and during the summer!  Encourage Michigan’s children to Meet Up and Eat Up – and Read Up! Find the Summer Food Service Program site nearest you at:  www.michigan.gov/sfsp<http://www.michigan.gov/sfsp>