[Michlib-l] Disc Resurfacing -- DIFFERENT QUESTION from previous thread

Stephanie knownformylaugh at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 16:39:55 EDT 2015

Hello everyone --

First, I appreciated the summary of disc resurfacing machines that Shawn
compiled.... and many thanks to those of you who responded to that initial
inquiry.

Soon after Shawn posted the compiled responses we received a fax from a
company called "ELMUSA." (http://www.elm-usa.com/#metro_page )  They
supposedly send out an RTI ECOPro2 at no cost... no contract... no minimum
usage requirement, and you pay them only for the discs we repair.   The
cost per disc is also significantly lower than what we currently pay our
local video store to do.  We've considered purchasing a machine directly in
the past, but I just didn't think we had quite enough volume to make it a
cost efficient purchase.  Plus, space is always a consideration, but that
is something we can potentially work around.

My inquiry is twofold.  Have any of you had any dealings with ELMUSA and,
if so, were they good?  bad?  Second, if we were to do this, how loud is
the ECOPro2?  Can it sit behind a circulation desk and run without too much
disruption (if it's only used periodically)?

Many thanks in advance,
Stephanie Masin
St. Joseph/Maud Preston Palenske Memorial Library