[Michlib-l] Job Posting: Part Time Academy Librarian
beth.gourley at interlochen.org
Wed Jul 8 15:23:04 EDT 2015
Interlochen Center for the Arts, one of America’s most prestigious
institutions for arts education, performance and fine arts presentations
seeks to hire a Librarian. The Part-Time Librarian works up to 30 hours a
week during Interlochen Arts Academy the months of August through May.
The library staff
- build meaningful relationships with faculty, staff and students.
- assist patrons in finding information.
- provide a collection that reflects and anticipates patron’s needs.
- create a welcoming atmosphere.
This position works closely with the Bonisteel Library Director and other
library staff members in order to provide these services to the ICA
Major job responsibilities include
- Being able to provide a high level of reference to students, faculty
- Collaborating with other library staff on the selection of materials
for the library
- Working with library staff on special projects dealing with outreach,
programming and initiatives
- Assisting patrons with technology issues
- Processing orders for supplies and materials when needed
- Participating in school wide committee work when applicable
- Circulating Academic Library items
- Assisting in the supervision of community service students
- Performing copy-cataloging of materials, book processing, cleaning up
- Processing MelCat books
- Shelving books and shelf maintenance when needed
Making daily reference desk decisions including circulation matters with
students, faculty, and staff
- Experience working in a library
- An ALA-accredited MLS or MLIS is desirable
- Easily adapts to new technologies
- Proficient in using and teaching library databases
- Knowledgeable in both current and future trends and practices in
- Possesses superior organizational skills, attention to detail, and
ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Ability to communicate professionally by demonstrating exceptional
written and spoken communication skills
- Familiar with MAC OS
Compensation and Benefits:
A competitive hourly wage will commensurate with experience and
Required documents for application are—resume, cover letter/letter of
interest, and a list of references.
*To apply use this online link
Director of Libraries
Interlochen Center for the Arts
beth.gourley at interlochen.org <carol.niemi at interlochen.org>
*INTERLOCHEN* ARTS CAMP | ARTS ACADEMY | COLLEGE OF CREATIVE ARTS |
PRESENTS | PUBLIC RADIO
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Michlib-l