[Michlib-l] Michigan Activity Pass: 11 Great New Opportunities For Family Fun!

Jim Flury jflury at tln.lib.mi.us
Fri Jan 23 10:05:47 EST 2015

All,

In last Friday's totally over the top MAP message I made note of the fact that when we had additional details to share regarding the expansion of the program, we would share them. Well, it's Friday, so that means it's time for yet another over the top MAP message. Today's exciting news concerns our announcement of commitments by 11 new venues to participate in the combined MAP/Mi Big Green Gym program. These 11 destinations span the state from Concord to Copper Harbor. You can't get more "statewide" than that! All are great, family-friendly places to visit, and I know libraries will be proud to talk that fact up to patrons.

Drum roll, please:

Mann House Historic Site http://www.michigan.gov/mhc/0,4726,7-282-61080_62659---,00.html
Walker Tavern Historic Site http://www.michigan.gov/mhc/0,4726,7-282-61080_61873---,00.html
Sanilac Petroglyphs Historic Site http://www.michigan.gov/mhc/0,4726,7-282-61080_62660---,00.html
Tawas Point Lighthouse http://www.michigan.gov/mhc/0,4726,7-282-61080_62661---,00.html
Civilian Conservation Corps Museum http://www.michigan.gov/mhc/0,4726,7-282-61080_62652---,00.html
Hartwick Pines Logging Museum http://www.michigan.gov/mhc/0,4726,7-282-61080_62657---,00.html
Father Marquette National Memorial http://www.michigan.gov/mhc/0,4726,7-282-61080_62653---,00.html
Fayette Historic Townsite http://www.michigan.gov/mhc/0,4726,7-282-61080_62654---,00.html
Michigan Iron Industry Museum http://www.michigan.gov/mhc/0,4726,7-282-61080_62658---,00.html
Fort Wilkins and Copper Harbor Lighthouse http://www.michigan.gov/mhc/0,4726,7-282-61080_62655---,00.html
Michigan Historical Museum http://www.michigan.gov/mhc/0,4726,7-282-61080_62766---,00.html

The above 11 venues, along with several hundred others, will join the MAP program starting May 24, or in the case of some of them when the snow melts (my family is originally from the Keweenaw so I am well acquainted with the climate in Copper Harbor), whichever comes first.

Of course you will want your library to have the ability to offer passes to these great venues to your patrons, starting May 24.  All you need to do is to include a link to the MAP website http://michiganactivitypass.info on your library's website.  The beauty of it is, the patrons do all of the work, and you can take all of the credit!

We are working with our partners to develop new promotional materials for the expanded MAP program. In the meantime if you'd like to become more acquainted with what the current MAP program is all about, here's a link to a site with all kinds of promotional material, ie bookmarks, a brochure, posters, etc. Please note that this material will be updated prior to the May 24 launch of the new, expanded MAP program:

http://tln.lib.mi.us/map/

Finally, and I mention this on account I get this question quite frequently:

"What does my library need to do to 'sign up' for the MAP program?

Nothing! By virtue of your being a public library in the state of Michigan, I have 'auto-enrolled' your library in MAP. All you need to do to 'sign up' is to include the http://michiganactivitypass.info link on your library's homepage. And of course, promote the program :)

Please help get the word out to your patrons and local media contacts, regarding the soon to be expanded MAP program.

We appreciate your support for and promotion of, the Michigan Activity Pass program.

Sincerely,

Jim Flury

Jim Flury
Technical Services Manager/MAP Program Administrator
The Library Network
41365 Vincenti Court
Novi, MI 48375
248-536-3100 x133