[Michlib-l] Braille and Talking Book Library Demo Sites

Wambaugh, Stephanie (LARA) WambaughS at michigan.gov
Mon Jan 12 14:16:10 EST 2015

I wanted to pass on a few words of thanks to all the public libraries that became demonstration sites for the Braille and Talking Book Library (BTBL) in 2014. We currently have 35 locations signed up with us and are adding more every week! If your library location is interested in becoming a demo site, please feel free to email me back off-list.

For those of you unfamiliar with our free service, BTBL offers audio books, magazines, and braille titles to Michigan residents with visual or physical disabilities that are unable to utilize standard print materials. Demo sites are issued a digital talking book machine, a book on cartridge, and promotional materials to display at the discretion of each location. For more information about this program, view our webinar at: http://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan/0,2351,7-160-18668_63014-301245--,00.html

Each location varies in the way they promote our service, but all the efforts are very much appreciated! A special thanks to Grosse Pointe Public Library for sending me a picture of their display case highlighting the BTBL service (photo attached: it shows a decorated display case with our equipment inside and flyers hanging up explaining the service). Thank you GPPL!

Stephanie Wambaugh
Reader Advisor, Outreach & Youth Librarian
BSBP Braille & Talking Book Library
P.O. Box 30007
702 W. Kalamazoo St.
Lansing, MI 48909-7507