[Michlib-l] Movie discussion group

Kay Williams kwilliams at hartpubliclibrary.org
Mon Jan 12 11:54:15 EST 2015

I haven’t done this in Hart very successfully.  I think you’re on track with the impetus coming from the patrons.  I worked in the AV department of a large library in Indiana and we did this many times- patrons tended to leave after the movie. Only a few would stay around for the discussion.  It  was important to be prepared with questions and not to  take a break between movie and discussion group.  I lost more people that way. I’m sure there’s a way to do this well.   My experience has been spotty at best.

Good luck!

Kay