[Michlib-l] Children's Librarian reposting

John Sheridan stcdld at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 2 15:16:10 EST 2015

The friendliest town in Michigan has an open position for an energetic, friendly and creative person.

The Vicksburg District Library has mergered teen services with the children's services.  We are now reposting the position as Children/Teen Services Librarian.   We are looking for a candidate that can work with children from a few months old to teens.  Will be responsible for collection development, weekly programming, annual summer reading program, aid children and teens with reference questions, work with the schools and work the circulation desk as needed.  Ideal candidate will have a Masters in Library and Information Science, able to speak with children and adults, be creative, good writing and speaking abilities.

This is a full time (40 hour) position. Pay commiserate with experience.   Attached is the job description for this position.  Benefits incluse 1 week paid vacation after one year, 1 day sick time for every month served, paid birthday off.  We are looking to fill this position before the end of the month.  Submit cover letter and resume electronically to jsheridan at vicksburglibrary.org by 5:00 pm Jan. 16, 2015