[Michlib-l] MeL Minute - About MeL

Borrelli, Eunice (MDE) BorrelliE at michigan.gov
Thu Feb 26 14:27:52 EST 2015

Hello all,

Those of us that work with MeL<http://mel.org/index.php?P=Home> on a regular basis and are knowledgeable about its features and history might forget that not everyone is as familiar with the details as we are.  What is MeL, how did it start, what is the mission, how much usage does it get, how is it evaluated?  All important questions that patrons, community partners, future users, staff, and elected officials might have as they are introduced to this great suite of resources.  The About<http://mel.org/About> tab on the MeL homepage (top right and at the bottom right) contains links and information that answers these questions and more.  Curious about the 2014 surveys of the general public and library patrons and staff regarding MeL?  You can find a link to that report and previous reports at the About<http://mel.org/About> tab.  The Mission Statement, Collection Development Strategy, MeL Usage Statistics, What We Do, Who We Are, Our History, MeL Study, and Sponsorship are sections of information you can find at About<http://mel.org/About>.

MeL Minutes are brought to you by the Library of Michigan.  Want more information on MeL?  Stay tuned for next week's MeL Minute available on many Michigan library listservs, email us at contact at mel.org<mailto:contact at mel.org> or visit mel.org<http://mel.org/>.  We encourage you to share MeL Minutes with your public service colleagues.

Eunice
Eunice C. Borrelli
Michigan eLibrary Internet Librarian, Library of Michigan/Michigan Dept. of Education
702 W. Kalamazoo St., Lansing, MI 48909
Phone: 517-241-4996    Toll Free: 877-479-0021     Fax: 517-373-5700
[cid:image001.png at 01D03017.3D0A2340]February is Career and Technical Education Month. Find out more:  http://michigan.gov/cte-bestpractices