[Michlib-l] School Library Funding

Trish Burns tburns at saginawlibrary.org
Thu Feb 19 16:06:28 EST 2015

>From ALA -

*        Please take a moment and review the information below and act on it as you feel appropriate.
*
*        Ensure the Future of School Library Funding<http://cqrcengage.com/ala/app/take-action?engagementId=80622>
The Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) provides federal funding for K-12 education programs. Reauthorization of legislation of this nature will determine federal education policy for the coming decade and it is imperative that dedicated funding for school library programs be included. We need you to contact both Senators from your state and let them know how critical school libraries are in improving our education system. Ask them to support dedicated funding for effective school library programs under ESEA by co-sponsoring S.312.

Trish Burns
Director, Public Libraries of Saginaw
505 Janes Avenue
Saginaw, MI 48607