[Michlib-l] Genre Divisions in Fiction Departments

Jaema Berman jberman at tln.lib.mi.us
Tue Feb 17 15:16:43 EST 2015

Dear Colleagues,

We are considering dividing our fiction department by genre to help patrons more easily discover their favorite types of authors. I would like to hear from anyone who has done this or is doing it and what your thoughts on this kind of arrangement.

Do you feel it helps or confuses patrons, creates lots of extra work for staff, opens you to genre sticker issues, etc? I look forward to your insights! Many thanks in advance!
Jaema

--
Jaema Berman
Director

“Today a reader, tomorrow a leader.”
Margaret Fuller
1810-1850
Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested. ~ Francis Bacon