[Michlib-l] MeL Minute - Chilton's Vehicle Repair

Borrelli, Eunice (MDE) BorrelliE at michigan.gov
Thu Feb 12 14:52:53 EST 2015

Hi everyone,

Between potholes, snow drifts, black ice, and road salt our vehicles have been taking quite a beating over the past few months (and it's not over yet). Some may even need repair or body work or a little maintenance.  Maybe we'd like to tackle the job ourselves and need step by step instructions, illustrations, and specifications.  Or, we don't feel qualified to handle the tasks ourselves but want to be well-informed when hiring a professional and have an idea of what's involved.  Vehicle enthusiasts have long used print versions of Chilton Repair Manuals and fortunately, electronic versions of hundreds of these manuals are available in the MeL<http://mel.org/index.php?P=Home> database Chilton Library<http://galesupport.com/chilton_branding/splashPage.php?loc=lom_accessmich>.   Labor estimating, bulletins/recalls, maintenance, and repair are included as are wiring and vacuum diagrams, close-up photographs, and more.  Start out by selecting the year, make and model to see what is available for your vehicle.  Model years 1940 (select makes) to the present, trucks, SUVs, imports and domestic, are all included.  Michigan residents or Michigan library access only.

One note, if this resource isn't displaying properly for you in Internet Explorer 11, navigate to Tools | Internet options | Privacy -  then click on the Advanced privacy settings and check Override automatic cookie handling and set both first-party and third-party cookies to accept.

MeL Minutes are brought to you by the Library of Michigan.  Want more information on MeL?  Stay tuned for next week's MeL Minute available on many Michigan library listservs, email us at contact at mel.org<mailto:contact at mel.org> or visit mel.org<http://mel.org/>.  We encourage you to share MeL Minutes with your public service colleagues.

Eunice
Eunice C. Borrelli
Michigan eLibrary Internet Librarian, Library of Michigan/Michigan Dept. of Education
702 W. Kalamazoo St., Lansing, MI 48909
Phone: 517-241-4996    Toll Free: 877-479-0021     Fax: 517-373-5700
[cid:image001.png at 01D03017.3D0A2340]
February is Career and Technical Education Month. Find out more:  http://michigan.gov/cte-bestpractices