[Michlib-l] "Opt-in" newsletter/event reminder emails

Sarah Scherdt sscherdt at whitelakelibrary.org
Thu Aug 27 17:35:30 EDT 2015

Greetings all,

The White Lake Township Library is interested in providing a bi-weekly
(possibly monthly) event reminder email.  Ideally, we would like to have a
place on our webpage were patrons could enter their email address and
opt-in or subscribe to our event emails.

I was hoping to gather some information from other libraries that currently
use this kind of email based newsletter.

If you could take a few moments to answer a couple of questions regarding
your service it would be greatly appreciated.

What is the name of the program or software you use?
    - is it efficient?
    - is it user-friendly?
    - Are you happy with it?
What were the up-front costs for the program/software?
    - were there any long term costs to consider?
Has your library seen an increase in program attendance with the use of the
opt-in email list?
    - or other indications that the email list is working?

Thanks so much for your time,

Sarah Scherdt

Adult Reference Librarian
White Lake Township Library